Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 10 juin 2015

Weekly Pattern Wednesday - 10 june


Hi again! These weeks certainly fly by! Here is the fourth edition of Weekly Pattern Wednesday hosted by Lynn at Smudged Textiles Studio.
This week's pattern was a by product of last week's roses - having studied the flowers, I decided to play around with the leaves.  

 

Bonjour! Comme les semaines passent vite! Voilà la quatrième semaine de 'Weekly Pattern Wednesday'.
Cette semaine mon motif a été créé par la suite de mes roses de la semaine dernière.  Ayant étudié les fleurs, j'ai décidé de jouer avec les feuilles. 


 
Firstly I created a relief pattern with the leaves with gesso on a green background.  Then i inked in the outlines.  I wasn't sure if it was finished, so i photographed it at this stage.  I then went back with my black pen to fill in some of the background.  


 
Premier étape, j'ai créé un motif en relief avec les feuilles en utilisant du gesso sur un fond vert.        Puis j'ai entouré les bords en encre noir.  Je n'était pas sûr s'il était terminé à cette stage là, donc je l'ai photographié.  Ensuite j'ai repris mon stylo pour remplir un peu l'arrière plan.


 
The original green background is very striking - but i also like the grey one - I think I might have a go at colouring it in (when i get a spare minute!) See you next week :)

Je trouve que le vert de l'original est très vif, mais j'aime aussi le version gris - j'aimerais le colorier (quand je trouve une minute de paix!) A la semaine prochaine :)

10 commentaires:

  1. Love the combination of the organic leaf shapes and the geometric designs surrounding them...very striking!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you! I really enjoyed making this pattern :)

      Supprimer
  2. I like the result of each of your steps but I find especially your first image very beautiful.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. that's interesting Gurli - I like the first image too and wasn't sure about adding any other pattern.

      Supprimer
  3. Wonderful pattern. It looks like a miniature city under the leaves. I love the combination of organic and geometric.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. it made me think of buildings too - in fact I think I might develop it along those lines in the future.

      Supprimer
  4. Hi everyone - sorry to take so long to reply - but it's lovely to hear all your thoughts - it's really encouraging to get such positive feedback. thank you :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I really love the detail work between the leaves and I like seeing it in two different colors like that - nice! :)

    RépondreSupprimer