Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 2 septembre 2015

WPW - 2 september 2015


Hi again, after getting messy last week I decided to go to completely the other end of the spectrum this week and work digitally. It's not something I often do, being creative for me needs 'stuff' but I love photography and there's no doubting that the digital format has transformed our visual world. 

Salut! Après avoir se salir la semaine dernière, j'ai fait autrement cette semaine ayant choisi de travailler sur l'ordinateur.  Ce n'est pas quelque chose que je faire souvent car pour moi être créative entrain utiliser des objets physique. Mais je suis photographe passionnée et c'est vrai que les images numériques ont transformé notre monde visuel. 

So I had a quick flick through my archives to find a striking image and decided on this one. 
 
 

Donc j'ai fouillé dans mes archives pour trouver une image graphique et j'ai choisi celle-ci.
 
 
 
I then played around with it in my editing software to emphasise the one bloom, then to turn it into a texture rather than an image. 
 

 
 
Puis je l'ai manipulé dans mon logiciel pour faire sortir une des fleurs. J'ai décidé d'en faire texturisé plutôt q'une image simple. 

The last step for the moment was to set up a basic repeat.  
 
 

Le dernier étape était de faire répéter l'image. 

I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet, but I think it would make an interesting background to add some 'real' physical colour to.  If anyone else would like to try then the png file is available here and I'd love to see what you make with it. 

Je ne suis pas sûr que ça me plaît tant qu'elle, mais je pense que ça pourrait faire un fond intéressant pour ajouter du vrai couleur.  Si vous voulez essayer vous même le fichier png est ici et j'aimerais bien voir vos résultats. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire