Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

wpw - 11 november 2015

Hiya - slightly later in the day than normal, but it is still Wednesday so that's an improvement on recent form!  As promised last week, I'm going to share the final design in my 'seasons' series. 

Salut - un peu plus tard que d'habitude, mais on est toujours mercredi alors c'est quand même mieux que rien!  Comme je vous ai promis, cette semaine je partage le dernier motif dans mon série 'des saisons'. 

Autumn really is my favourite season (although there are things I love about every time of the year) - with all the leaves and berries, the colours are wonderful.  Strange then that I came to a complete blank when I originally attempted the design.  I think maybe I had too many ideas!

L'automne est ma saison préféré (même s'il y a des choses que j'aime à toute période de l'année) - avec les feuilles et les baies, les couleurs sont magnifiques.  Bizarre alors que je me ressenti bloqué pendant longtemps pour ce design.  Peut-être il y avait trop d'idées!  

In the end it was a photograph taken by a friend of mine which unblocked my creator's block. Thank you Christiane :)

Finalement, c'était une photo prise par une amie qui ma donné l'inspiration - merci beaucoup Christiane :)



I think it was the angle of the photo which immediately made the connection in my brain to the other three pictures.  Afterall the mushroom  (fly agaric Amanita muscaria) isn't a seedhead, but the strong horizontal between the ground and the trees behind just seemed to work perfectly. 

Je pense que c'était plutôt l'angle de la photo qui a immédiatement résonné et fait le lien dans mes petites cellules grises.  Les autres étant les gousses de graines, mais la forte ligne horizontale entre la terre et les arbres derrières lié parfaitement avec les trois autres. 

So here it is - autumn:
Donc voilà - l'automne:



And as a repeat:
Et comme motif répété:



It's not quite as simple as the other three, but I think it sits happily beside them, and has opened up a way to develop the series in the future. 
L'image n'est pas aussi simple que les trois autres, mais je pense qu'ils vont très bien ensemble, et ça m'a montré autres idées pour l'avenir.



Dont forget, weekly pattern wednesday is open to everyone - simply tag your design to the Smudged Design Studio page and have fun playing with patterns.

N'oubliez pas que weekly pattern wednesday est ouvert à tous - il faut juste mettre un lien vers votre design sur le page de Smudged Design Studio et amusez-vous bien.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire