Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 8 juillet 2015

Weekly Pattern Wednesday 8 - July 8th - colour therapy


*** Lynn is posting on facebook this week - http://www.facebook.com/smudgedtextilesstudio ***

Hi! Welcome to my post for Weekly Pattern Wednesday, being run by Lynn over at Smudged Textiles Studio.
Salut! Voici mon post pour Weekly Pattern Wednesday, qui a été créé par Lynn de Smudged Textiles Studio.


This week I started my design from a completely different angle - having been inspired by a painting my youngest brought home from school. It wasn't the subject which got my fingers itching, but rather the colours. They were so bold, and not at all ones which I would have put together, but the overall result was fabulous.


 
Cette semaine j'ai commencé mon motif sous un angle différent, s'inspirant d'une peinture que mon fils m'a ramené de l'école. Ce n'était pas le sujet qui m'a fait des démangeaisons dans les doigts, mais les couleurs.  Ils étaient tellement forts, et ils ne s'agissaient pas de tout d’une combinaison habituelle, mais ça m'a plaisait beaucoup quand même.


 
So I picked out my pens which were the nearest match and started colouring.
Firstly I wanted to colour the sheet which Lynn had kindly produced last week, so I had a play with that.



Alors j’ai choisi mes feutres qui étaient les plus proches et commence le coloriage.
En premier, je voulais faire le coloriage que Lynn a produit la semaine dernière, et je me suis bien amusée avec ça !

Then I got to thinking how I could make my own pattern but sticking with the same five colours.

I stayed with the idea of 'colouring-in' so I doodled some large daisies in black firstly. (Yes they are on the back of a tatty envelope as it was the first thing I had to hand!)
 
Puis je me penchais sur le sujet de créer mon propre motif, toujours avec les cinq mêmes couleurs.

La première étape était de dessiner les marguerites XXL en noir, pour rester avec l’idée d’une feuille de coloriage.  (Et oui, ils sont sur l’envers d’une enveloppe parce que c’était tous que j’avais sous les mains !)

 


Once they were scanned and printed on nicer quality paper, I spent a very relaxing hour colouring them in. Hope you've got your sun glasses ready!!!
 

Dès que je les ai numérisé; je les ai imprimés sur du papier blanc et ensuite j’ai passé une heure très reposante pour les colorier.  J’espère que vous portez les lunettes de soleil car ça brille!

 

 


As you can see, I had my usual problem of indecisiveness.  I really liked the version with only the coloured background and couldn’t decide whether to continue with all of the colours. Thankfully with the wonders of modern technology I was able to scan the image at each stage which avoided me having to spend hours staring at my work trying to make that decision!!

 

Comme vous pouvez voir, j’ai eu le même problème que d’habitude et j’ai hésité de continuer entre les étapes. Mais grâce aux avances technologiques j’ai pu les numériser entre chaque couleur qui m’a permis d’éviter une crise de confiance en moi !!

 

2 commentaires:

  1. I love this one at each different stage. Thank goodness we have the technology that lets us keep our art at different stages. I love this color combination too, it really feels like summer.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Janelle! It certainly helps me have the courage to finish things knowing that if something goes wrong it's not a disaster! Looking forward to seeing your next post :)

      Supprimer