Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 15 juillet 2015

WPW - 15 July 2015 - going underground

Hi! This week the idea for my pattern came from a visit we made at the weekend to the caves at Han-sur-Lesse in Belgium.  It was the first time we'd visited anywhere like this as a family and Midi and Mini were suitably impressed by the formations.  Me too!

Cette semaine j'ai eu l'idée pour mon motif lors d'une visite en famille aux Grottes de Han en Belgique.  C'était la prmière fois que les petits ont fait une visite souterrain et ils étaitent très impressioné par les formations.  Moi aussi!  

So I set about drawing a series of stalactites, stalagmites and columns running between two uneven lines to represent the cave floor and ceiling.  I then blacked in the spaces inbetween to hi-light the forms.




Alors, j'ai fait une série des stalactites, stalagmites et colonnes entre deux traits qui représentent la plafond et le sol.  Ensuite j'ai rempli les zones vises en noir pour faire sortir les formes.

It only took about five minutes, but i'm really pleased with the effect.  I especially love how it repeats to form a strip .  I think it would make a really cool base for a Hallow'een project. 



Il ne m'a fallut pas plus de cinq minutes mais ça m'a plait beaucoup.  J'aime surtout l'effect de le répéter pour créer une bande.  Ca pourrait faire un arrière plan cool pour un projet d'Hallow'een.


I'm off on holidays now, for two weeks, so I'll schedule my blogposts but might not be able to share them back to Lynn's page.  However they'll be here if you want to come and have a look.
See you all again in August when I shall be full of mountain air, and hopefully inspiration :)

Je pars en vacances pendant quinze jours donc je planifiera mes articles qu'ils se publient automatiquement, mais je ne sais pas s'il sera possible de les faire lier à la page de Lynn.  Cependant ils seront ici si vous voulez passer les voir.  Je reviendrai au mois d'août ayant fait la pleine d'air des montagnes et d'inspiration :)  

5 commentaires: