Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 1 juillet 2015

WPW7 - 1 july 2015 - New Pens!


Hello!
Welcome to my post for Weekly Pattern Wednesday, being run by Lynn over at Smudged Textiles Studio. Another Wednesday is well and truly underway on this side of the Altantic – and phew! what a scorcher.  I started working in the garden, but had to run inside as even by 9am it was too hot for me, so I’ve come and hidden indoors.
 
Salut! Voici mon post pour Weekly Pattern Wednesday, qui a été créé par Lynn de Smudged Textiles Studio.
Encore un mercredi s’est bien installé sur mon côté de l’atlantique – et woah il fait chaud ! J’ai commencé de travailler dans le jardin, mais même à 9 heures il faisait trop chaud pour moi, alors je me suis cachée à l’intérieur !

Midi D's photo of his new pens


Getting a new set of pens still fills me with a childish delight. Unsurprisingly I couldn’t resist buying my eldest a new set of pens for his birthday last month and he’s does plenty of drawings since.  After spending some time rearranging his new pens in the ‘right’ order, he then decided to take a photo of them because they looked so nice.  There’s no doubting he’s mine!!

 


Recevoir une nouvelle boîte de feutres reste toujours un grand plaisir pour moi.  Alors pas trop étonnant que j’en ai offert à mon fils lors de son récent anniversaire.  Il a fait pas mal de dessins depuis. Après avoir passé du temps pour les rangés dans ‘le bon ordre’ et voulait les prendre en photo parce que il les trouvé trop beau.  Ah oui – c’est bien mon fils !

 


It was so was lovely to share that excitement with my son that I couldn’t resist using his photo as a basis for this week’s pattern.  So here it is – my felt-pen rainbow – I hope you can share our pleasure.  (I did resist the temptation to use his pens though!)

 


J’étais tellement contente de vivre cette joie avec mon fils que je devrais utiliser sa photo pour la base de mon motif cette semaine. Donc voici mon arc en ciel en feutre – j’espère que vous partagerez notre plaisir.  (Il faut noter que j’ai quand même résisté au tentation de piquer ses couleurs !)

2 commentaires:

  1. I love the photo of the pens and the pattern that you made. There is something wonderful about all the pretty colors lined up and ready to use.

    RépondreSupprimer