Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 27 mai 2015

Weekly Pattern Wednesday - 27 may



As some of you know I've been joining in with WeeklyPatternWednesday hosted by Lynn Krawczyk over at SmudgedTextilesStudio.
 
 
 
Comme vous le sauriez peut-être, depuis la semaine dernière je participe dans  WeeklyPatternWednesday avec Lynn Krawczyk de SmudgedTextilesStudio.

I had so much fun last week with my seed heads, that I decided to continue the theme. This week my design is based on a more well known (here in Europe at least!) plant, that of the poppy (papaver rhoes
 
 
 
Je me suis tellement bien amusé pour faire mon dernier design avec les capsules à graine, que j'ai décidé de continuer avec le thème pour cette semaine aussi, mais avec une plante mieux connue, le coquelicot (papaver rhoes) .
 

 
The poppies here are just starting to flower, it's so lovely to see them along the roadsides and amongst the crops.  It will be the end of summer before they reach the stage of seed heads, so, to reflect this I've chosen warm colours for the background.

Les coquelicots ici commencent juste d'apparaître. C'est trop beau de les voirs sur les lisières des routes et dans les champs.  Il faut attendre le fin d'été d'avoir les capsules, donc j'ai choisi les couleurs chauds pour l'arrière plan. 
 


 
The seed heads are almost silhouetted against the golden corn and the setting sun.  
Thanks for stopping by and see you next week! 
 
 

 
Les capsules sont practiquement en silhouette devant le champs de blé doré avec le coucher de soleil au dessus. 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for calling in! See you soon :)
Merci d'avoir me rendu visite et à la prochaine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 commentaires:

  1. Another great design/pattern this week. Love how you're inspired by all the different seed heads.-julie

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
    2. Thanks Julie :) i've really enjoyed studying the plants. Think i'll try something different for next week though. I have so many ideas!

      Supprimer
  2. In love these seed heads and the colors that you used. You have a wonderful theme that will give you great patterns.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
    2. Thanks Janelle :) i was pleased with the colours too - not my usual palette, but i think i'll be using them again.

      Supprimer
  3. Very lovely patterns with your seed pods. Good inspiration.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you :) looking forward to seeing what everyone designs for next week.

    RépondreSupprimer