Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 3 juin 2015

Weekly Pattern Wednesday - 3 June - English rose



Hi! Welcome to my post for Weekly Pattern Wednesday, being run by Lynn over at Smudged Textiles Studio.
Salut! Voici mon post pour Weekly Pattern Wednesday, qui a été créé par Lynn de Smudged Textiles Studio.
 
This week's pattern ties in with the current design challenge ‘Polly put the Kettle on’ which I'm running on my home page.

Le motif pour cette semaine est lié avec le défi de Polly qui est actuellement en cours sur mon site.

 


The principal is a five minute sketch design that can be completed in your tea (or coffee!) break. I'm a compulsive scribbler and I want to get other people drawing too!

Le principe est un croquis vite fait – le temps de prendre un café (ou tasse de thé !). Je suis une gribouilleuse compulsive et je veux encourager les autres de dessiner !
 
 
 

 
This month our theme is the UK, so my design, which is up for grabs for the winning entrant, is based on a rose. For historical reasons, I couldn't decide between red or white so it's a hybrid - a Tudor rose (uniting the houses of Lancaster and York) 

Le thème pour le mois de juin est le Royaume Uni, donc mon motif, qui peut être gagné dans le défi, a comme point de départ un rose.  Pour les raisons historiques je ne pourrai pas choisir entre un blanc ou un rouge, donc c’est un rose de la famille des Tudors (Henri VII etc.) qui a réuni les maisons de Lancaster (rouge) et York (blanc).

Above is the original sketch and here is the artwork (in gesso and ink on water colour paper). This week I wanted to concentrate more on how I could repeat the single design to make and interesting pattern.  Not sure I'm really happy with the results; they're all a bit too contrived.  However, I do love the one which was accidentally cropped - I think with a bit more work this could look great.
 

 

Ci-dessus vous trouverez l’esquisse et l’illustration (en gesso et encre sur papier d’aquarelle).  Cette fois je voulais me concentrer plus sur la façon de mettre les motifs ensemble pour créer une image plus intéressante.  Je ne suis pas sûr qui les résultats me plaisent…je les trouve trop forcé.  Cependant, J’aime bien l’image qui a été recadré (en fait par hasard !) – ça fait des formes intéressantes sur l’arrière-plan.  Je pense que ça méritera quelques travaux supplémentaires et j’aurai un motif qui me plaise vraiment !

 
 


Don’t forget WPW is open to everyone as is the ‘Polly put the Kettle on’ challenge, so feel free to join us in our fun. Happy pattern making :)
N’oubliez-pas que WPW est ouvert à tous, et pareil pour mon défi de Polly, alors n’hésitez pas de nous rejoindre.  Amusez -vous bien J

5 commentaires:

  1. Love that last one! Lots of interesting negative space between your lovely roses.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A very lovely rose. I especially love the last mirrored image where the negative space makes its own patterns and so beautifully connecting the roses.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I think that this rose is lovely and the patterns you created with it are wonderful. Hopefully if you keep working with these you will get something that you love.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks everyone :) Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with next week.

    RépondreSupprimer