Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 17 juin 2015

WPW 5 - 17th June 2015


Hi again! If you've been following the last few weeks you'll know that Weekly Pattern Wednesday is being hosted by Lynn over at Smudged Textiles Studio and that we've all been having tons of fun designing our patterns each week.

Salut! Si vous avez suivi le blog ces derniers semaines vous sauriez que Weekly Pattern Wednesday est organisé par Lynn de Smudged Textiles Studio et qu'on s'est très bien amusé a faire les motifs chaque semaine.



This week my 'entry' is two-fold. I had so much fun with last week's city blocks, that I wanted to develop them.

Cette semaine il y a deux parties de mon design.  Je me suis éclaté il y 8 jours en créant les quartiers d'immeubles et je voulais developer ce thème.



Firstly I tried a second design using the same idea. This time I used letters to create the negative space.


En premier, j'ai fait un deuxième design utilisant le même idée.  Cette fois c'était les lettres qui faisaient les zones vides.


 
Secondly, I added colour to my original design. I also convinced two (slightly less than willing) volunteers  to do the same - I found it really interesting to see how colour changed how we see the design, especially as Midi-D coloured in the leaf shapes too. Mini-D soon got bored and decided to draw the sun setting over the garden pond - but hey that's cool too - they spend enough time at school being told exactly what to do when it comes to 'art'.

 

Après j'ai aussi ajouté de la couleur à mon motif original.  J'ai aussi convaincu deux volontaires (pas trop enthousiaste!) de faire pareil.  J'ai trouvé très intéressante comment la perception du motif a changé avec les couleurs.  C'était surtout le cas avec celui de Midi-D qui a colorié aussi les feuilles.  Mini-D s'est vite ennuyé et voulais plutôt faire un dessin de notre bassin avec un couché de soleil, mais bof, c'est de l'art aussi - surtout quand à l'école il faut toujours suivre minutieusement les consignes...  



3 commentaires:

  1. love this. I too am very much about mapping, etc in my series of quilts and this really sparks the imagination. Love that the kids join in - giving them their freedom at art! Love it

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The city block using numbers as negative space looks amazing. I do like the leaf design colored in all different ways.

    RépondreSupprimer