Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 24 juin 2015

WPW6 - 24 June 2015


WPW 6 – Cherry time le temps des cerises.

Hi! Welcome to my post for Weekly Pattern Wednesday, being run by Lynn over at Smudged Textiles Studio.
Salut! Voici mon post pour Weekly Pattern Wednesday, qui a été créé par Lynn de Smudged Textiles Studio.
 
 

I always have loads of ideas buzzing round my head and so had already planned my pattern for this week, but the cherry tree in our garden is looking so amazing at the moment I just had to use that as inspiration. 

J’ai toujours des centaines d’idées qui font le tour de ma tête donc j’avais déjà commencé mon motif pour cette semaine, mais le cerisier dans notre jardin est tellement beau en ce moment, que je ne pourrais pas l’ignorer. 
 
 

I love our cherry tree – the blossom in spring is so beautiful, especially when the sky is blue.  This year it was particularly fabulous and it is now laden with cherries as a result.  I’m sure, as usual, that the birds will take most of them, but I’m quite happy to look out and watch them too – we get such a variety of species coming to visit, including a wood pecker and a red squirrel.

 J’adore notre cerisier – en printemps, les fleurs sont tellement jolies, surtout quand il y a un ciel bleu derrière.  Cette année c’était même plus magnifique que d’habitude, et par conséquence est maintenant ‘plein’ des cerises.  Je suis sûr que, comme tous les ans, ça sera les oiseaux qui prennent la plupart, mais je suis contente de les regarder – l’arbre accueille tout une variété d’espèces, le pic épeiche et un écureuil y inclus.  
 
 

So for my pattern…

Alors, Mon motif…

I started by drawing the cherries – using three colours, as they aren’t quite ripe yet.  I decided to concentrate on just three, intertwined branches, as the whole tree would have been too busy.

 J’ai commencé par dessiner les cerises – j’ai choisi trois couleurs parce que ils ne sont pas encore mûres.  J’ai ciblé trois branches au lieu de faire tout l’arbre pour éviter un design trop surchargé.

 
I then, as often happens, was overcome with doubt – should I add the leaves? Should I colour the cherries, colour the leaves? In order to cover all eventualities, I drew each part of the design as a separate image (using my very hi-tech ‘drawing on the window’ light box technique!).  That way I could either use them separate, or build them into a combined image later, phew!

Et puis, comme ça m’arrive souvent, j’ai un une crise de confiance.  Fallait-il dessiner les feuilles aussi ? Et colorer les cerises ? Et les feuilles ? Pour garder la plus d’options possible, j’ai fait un dessin pour chaque partie (en utilisant la fenêtre en tant que table lumineuse !) Comme ça, je pourrais les utiliser séparément ou pour faire une seule image.  Ouf !  


So here they are – cherry outlines                                               Donc les-voilà – les cerises

            cherry infill –                        les cerises colorés
 

                leaf outlines –         les feuilles
        

leaf infill – les feuilles colorées

 

…and finally the combined image.  et puis l’image combinée.

Which I then worked up into a repeat.  
Pour terminer j’ai répété le motif pour en faire plus compliqué.

 
I love cherries J   J’adore les cerise J

 
 

 

 
 

 

 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire