Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 12 août 2015

weekly pattern wednesday - 12 august 2015

Hi! So after a bit of creative down-time I'm now back and roaring to go with even more ideas buzzing round my head.  This week for Weekly Pattern Wednesday over at Smudged Design Studios I've been developing a doodle which I started at the weekend. 



Salut! Donc, après un peu de repos créatif, je suis à nouveau prêt à partir avec la tête plein des idées.  Cette semaine pour Weekly Pattern Wednesday avec Smudged Design Studios, j'ai développé un gribouillage que j'ai commencé ce weekend.

I was lucky enough to fly over to London to catch up with friends spent the flight wondering how to represent graphically the trees we were flying over. In my former life as an architet, there were standard symbols for representing trees, so I started with this idea, then made them a bit prettier and a bit artier. 



J'ai eu la chance de passer le weekend à Londres avec des amis et le trajet d'avion m'a donné l'occasion de contempler les arbres - et comment les représenter de façon artistique.  Dans une vie antérieure, quand j'étais architecte, il y avait des symboles pour dessiner des arbres sur les plans, mais je voulais les faire plus artistiques et plus jolis.  



Once I was back home I worked them up using different weights of pen to give some depth to the line drawings.  So this is where I'm currently at, but I'm planning on working on the relationship between the different elements as I think it will make a pleasing repeat.  And who, knows, maybe the addition of a little colour.



Dès mon retour, je les ai travaillé avec des feutres d'épaisseur différentes.  Voilà donc le motif actuel, mais j'ai l'intention d'investiguer les relations entre les formes pour fair un motif plus complexe, et pourquoi pas une peu de couleur.

4 commentaires:

  1. These are very nice! I love the idea within the spiral!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I think I might try a different take on it next week.

      Supprimer
  2. i really like the leaf spiral. The spiral sure makes a pleasing design. I would be interested to see how color changes the look.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Beth - I've had a few other comments on my fb page about colouring it in too, so will definitely give that a try. great to have your feedback.

      Supprimer