Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 5 août 2015

WPW - August 5 2015 - spots before your eyes

Hi! Here is my design for this week's Weekly Pattern Wednesday hosted by Lynn Krawczyk.  Lynn has a spangly new website - Smudged Design Studio , so if you haven't had chance to check it out please do so, she is a very talented designer. 

Salut! Voici mon motif pour cette semaine de Weekly Pattern Wednesday avec Lynn Krawczyk. Elle vient de lancer son nouveau site internet qui montre très bien combien elle est douée dans le monde de design. N'hestiez pas d'aller y jeter un coup d'oeil .

We're back home now after our lovely trip taking in Lake Constance, the Austrian Alps and Munich (with a slight detour via Legoland on the way back).  So I'm full of ideas and no time to try them out yet, but here is one I made earlier to tide me over until I've caught up with the washing!

On viens de rentrer de nos vacances ou on a visité le lac de Constance, les Alpes Autrichienne et la belle ville Bavaroise de Munich (avec un detour pour aller voir Legoland en rentrant).  J'ai fait le plein des idées mais pour l'instant il me manque le temps pour les exécuter, alors voici un petit quelque chose que j'ai fait avant de partir le temps que je faire tourner la machine à laver!

Its title is Blue Moon and was made whilst I was suppervising Mini who wanted to make a quill pen to practice his joined-up writing (of which he is very proud!).  I'd mixed up this purply blue ink and the colour was just too delicious the wash away afterwards, so i got on to doodling...


 
Il s'appelle Blue Moon (la lune bleue) et je l'ai fait le temps que je superviser Mini qui dessiner son prénom en attaché avec un stylo fait avec une vraie plume (il en est très fier!) J'avais mélange cette encre pourpre bleuâtre et c'était trop beau de gaspiller, alors j'ai commencé de gribouiller...
 
 
Right, off to finish unpacking so I can get on with the important business of creating :) See you soon.

Bon, il faut que je termine de défaire les baggages pour me permettre de faire les choses plus importantes, comme créer :) à bientôt.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire