Love Affair #3


Love Affair #3

I'm pretty touchy feely when it comes to objects (although not people!) and how I love wool, fabric, ribbons, threads of all kinds – it’s so great to work with your hands and experience the materials physically as well as visually.
As well as more classic sewing and crotchet projects, I also like to experiment with fabric and fibres to create depth and texture. I never throw anything away (well hardly ever) so I have a massive stash of odds and ends to draw my inspiration from.
In this section you can discover my latest 'coup de coeur' from the world of all things textile.

mercredi 26 août 2015

weekly pattern wednesday - 26 august 2015

Hi! and welcome back after a short break last week. Sharing this week onto the smudged design studio facebook page so please call by and check out all the other work .  Seeing all of Lynn's awesome paint flinging last week left me wanting to get my hands messy! So when I had some paint left from a home decor project, I just couldn't resist.

Salut! c'est bien de vous revoir après notre petite pause la semaine dernière.  Cette fois les motifs seront partager sur le site fb de smudged studio designs - passez dire bonjour aux autre participants.  Les designs que Lynn a partagé la semaine dernière m'ont inspiré de travailler avec la peinture et de me faire salir les mains! Alors quand il me restait un peu de la peinture après un projet d'intérieur, je ne pouvais pas dire non.  

So, what to do with silver/grey acrylic paint?  Well it is only four months now till Christmas, and there have been a lot of festive designs doing the rounds on fb of late, so I decided to make up a snowflake stamp out of some old placemats and transform whatever scraps of white / cream card I had lying around, with the aim of making them into gift tags eventually (probably Christmas Eve knowing me ;) )



Donc, la question - qu'est-ce qu'il faut faire avec de la peinture acrylique grise et argentée?  Vu qu'il reste que quatre mois avant Noël et que j'ai vu pas mal de motifs festifs sur fb dernièrement, j'ai commencé par créer un tampon de flocon de neige en liege. Puis j'ai fait des motifs sur des bouts de carton blanc qui trainait dans mon studio pour utiliser comme étiquette de cadeau. 



This lead on to experimenting with other coloured and textured backgrounds and the design morphed into a dragonfly.  My favourites were definitely these on the turquoise tissue paper - especially with the shiny opaque finish of the acrylic in contrast with the translucent matt backing.  Might have to try some more of these :) Oh and in case you were wondering, I've just about got all the paint off my hands now!



Ayant épuisé ce stock, j'ai commencé sur les fonds dans des autres couleurs et textures et le motif s'est transformé en libellule.  Les motifs sur le fond de papier soie turquoise sont mes préférés, sutout avec le contrast de la peinture brillante avec le papier matte et translucent.  Je me suis bien amusée - à refaire! Et si jamais vous voulez savoir, il m'a fallut toute une semaine pour enlever la peinture!  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire